This program has been designed for learners who are passionate about Accounting. Upon successful completion of this program, the learner’s skills will be enhanced as they are enabled to use the Pastel Accounting software package confidently. This program prepares learners for Softline Pastel external examinations. It is the aim of this program to prepare learners for the summative assessment through tuition, practice and formative assessment. The Pastel course is for people who wish to upgrade their bookkeeping skills by learning a computerized accounting package. The computer age has revolutionized tasks that were once frustrating and time consuming. Bookkeepers spend hours calculating and adding up columns of illegible numbers, but with today’s high speed, multi-functional bookkeeping packages, you can quickly learn the art of bookkeeping, and balance the books for your own business
After this course student will be able to:
- Creating a new company
- Setting up Accounts
- Creating and editing General Ledger accounts
- Creating and editing customer, stock items and suppliers
- Processing customer journals, tax invoice, reports, age analysis, monthly statements
- Processing supplier journals, goods received notes, linking to invoices, entry stock
- Processing General ledger accounts, cash book, cash control account, bank recon, depreciation and
- adjustment journals.
- Reports: Trial Balance, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement
- Year end procedure, budgets, graphs, ratios
- Backup and restore
- Pastel Registration
Participants of the course have to complete an assessment.
- Sage Pastel Certificate